Wednesday, April 25, 2012

All it takes to stop your eyeglasses from falling down your face: Keepons eyewear retainers

I went on my first date in 4 years. Let me tell you about 4 years ago first. I was 21 at the time. Nervous as anything. More than you can imagine. She was a girl I met in my social sciences class and her name was Anita. We had chatted a few times and it came out that we both loved watching the Simpsons. We talked about our favorite episodes and even quotes favorite scenes. So then we went out. Nothing special, coffee at first, then dinner. But the more we went out, the more nervous I got. I think it was because I really wanted it to happen. I really wanted her to be my girlfriend. So I kept getting nervous and then sweating a lot and then I would be pushing up my falling glasses every two minutes. I don’t know about you but when I get self-conscious I tend to go away inside my head and I may seem distant. I think that turned her off or that she got the wrong signals and slowly we drifted apart. But that was 4 years ago like I said. In that time, I’ve done everything I can think of to stop my glasses from falling down my face. I’ve tried eyeglass straps and chains and eyeglass cords too but they are so uncomfortable. They sit on your neck and restrict movement when you turn your head. Not by a lot, but enough to be a nagging inconvenience. I’ve tried contact lenses too but they dry out my eyes something fierce. And I am too much of a chicken to go for laser eye surgery. What if something goes wrong? I don’t want to lose my eyesight. As time went on I became more and more depressed. My self-esteem suffered and I went to the doctor for medication. He gave me something called Celexa, an anti-depressant and that kind of helped but my self-esteem was still in an abyss. And serendipitously, one day I was surfing the web and in this sports forum I came across a post about Keepons eyewear retainers which were supposed to stop your glasses from slipping down your nose. Everyone raved about it and I did some more searching and saw some more positive reviews.  But I found it hard to believe that a solution actually existed. But I figured it’s only six bucks. Yeah Keepons cost six dollars and that includes free shipping worldwide and a free tracking number. Well I can tell you this. 10 days later they arrived in the mail and on that very day, my life changed. My glasses didn’t slip anymore. And that’s why I’m on a date. I want to try it again. I got in touch with Anita on facebook and well, my fingers are crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment