Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Preventing eyeglass slipping with eyeglass retainers, Keepons

I’m giving a talk to a room full of investors right now. These people have money but they’re sharp. Hyperintelligent. I’m on my game, hitting all my points and I see their nodding heads and I know that at the end of my talk, which will happen in about 7 minutes, I have a timer near my foot like the people do on ted.com, that at the end of my talk a lot of people will want to give me their money. I work for a tech company, a startup actually. As I’m giving this talk, my thoughts wander. I shouldn’t let them wander but I can’t help feeling how surreal this all is. Two months ago if you asked me to stand in front of a crowd of multimillionaires and convince them to give me their money I would have told you to go jump in a lake. In fact I was thinking of bringing aboard a partner to do the selling and marketing part. But the person I had in mind, the fit was right and I really couldn’t afford. So I took it upon myself to pitch my own company. But I was always nervous and when I get nervous I sweat and then my glasses keep slipping. But one of my staff suggested I take a look at Keepons eyeglass retainers. I did and immediately I order two pairs. I also ordered them on EMS so that it arrived from Hong Kong in 4 days. And here I am giving this talk and I know I am nailing it. My glasses aren’t slipping. I look intelligent. I’m dressed sharp. Not Wallstreet sharp but silicon valley sharp with jeans, a white collared shirt, and a blazer. I think this will turn out ok and I have to thank Keepons eyewear retainers for that. Who would have ever thought that a tiny piece of silicone could make such a big difference in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment